We loved beets baked, but another winner is a beet salad with a creamy dressing. Also a great way to use up your beet greens!
Recipe type: Easy
Cuisine: Farm food
Serves: Salad for 4-6
- 1 bunch of beets
- ½ cup cilantro, parsley, OR dill (your choice)
- 1 scape or clove garlic, finely chopped
- Beet greens, chopped fine
- ½ cup onion (with or without greens), finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter beets and boil until soft
- Add chopped beet greens to the beets for the last minute or two, just to wilt them. Drain.
- Mix together all other ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Mix beets and dressing together thoroughly. Serve!