Inspired by the wonderful cookbook Plenty, which is our new favourite, a simple recipe to use up greens and create a delicious hardy meal. We recommend Fresh Pasta. Make it yourself here, or you can buy it at several Ottawa stores.
Recipe type: Easy
Cuisine: Middle East
Serves: 4-6 servings
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 bunch herbs
- 5-10 garlic scapes OR 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1 large onion OR 2 green onions with greens chopped fine
- 1 tsp tumeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds OR pine nuts
- 1 bunch of chard OR beet greens, chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Pasta for 4 people.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a skillet on med. heat
- Add the onions and scapes and reduce heat. Saute till golden.
- Add balance of butter, and when melted, add greens, herbs, spices, and a pinch of salt. Cook until wilted, mixing frequently.
- Add to freshly cooked pasta, serve.