I absolutely love september because the harvest represents the culmination of all our hard work. We are harvesting ripe tomatoes and peppers as well as delicious squash. Everything is ready in September!!
I’m so excited to be sending delicatas. They are so sweet and delicious and easy to prepare. I don’t peel them and I don’t even deseed them. Just cut them in half and then into 1/2 inch half moons, with seeds in place. toss in olive oil and salt, optional garlic. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, flip and cook for another 5- 10 mins and voila, done. This is great as is, but I love to make a kale salad with a lovely tahini- cilantro dressing. Toss the warm delicata on top and you’ve got a dish to wow the masses.
- Lime juice -1-2 TBSp
- tahini-1/4 cup
- olive oil-1/4 cup
- cilantro - ½ bunch, washed and chopped
- garlic-2 cloves
- salt- 1 tsp
- water (to help blend in processor)
- Delicata -cut in half lenghtwise and chopped into ½inch half moons
- kale- de-ribbed, roughly ripped and massage with a ½ teaspoon of salt and tablespoon of olive oil until it changes colour and texture.
- Roast delicata, tossed lightly in olive oil and salt. Keep an eye on it as it tends to brown quickly on The bottom. Generally takes 30 minutes to cook, flipped halfway through.
- Prepare Kale in large bowl.
- In blender, blend dressing ingredients. taste and adjust salt and oil (add more) if too tart or not salty enough.
- Add a couple to a few tablespooons of dressing to kale and toss thoroughly. lay Kale in a shallow dish and top with cooked delicata. Drizzle with extra dressing. Store leftover dressing in sealed container in fridge. Great with savoury pancakes aswell!